Tuesday, September 1, 2009

YUMMIES: When the moon hits your eye, like a big Pizza Pie!




(Pizza boy) 

Have you tried the vegan pizza at Whole Foods? 


Well please do... But BEWARE, you may become addicted!
I know I have.


In particular I am addicted to the BBQ "chicken" pizza that they make. 
3 words, Yummy Yummy, Yummy!!

Since taking a break from cheese (I will not say giving up cheese.. Never say never!) The Whole Foods vegan pizza has gotten me through the tough times, when only a slice will do! 

(Mystic Pizza) 

Whatever it is that draws you back to pizza over and over again... It must be something good, because you will cheat on your diet for it, plan an evening around it, crave it in every season, and drive across town for the perfect slice of it. 


 I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't like pizza... Seriously if you are out their let T.W.H know. 

Remember as a kid when you would go to slumber parties and eat a ton of pizza? That must be one of the only good things about being a 11 year old girl, the ability to eat and metabolize pizza so fast. 
(Wait, I was a chubby 11 year old, so scratch that, NOTHING was good about being 11) 

Remember this guy? No? Crap people, what year were you born? I mean, I don't
really remember him either... I had to Google him, I think I had a "Avoid the Noid" teething toy... OK, you got me... I remember the Noid very well. I wish they would bring him back.... 

But who really orders pizza anymore? (Well, unless it is from Z pizza or B.J's) I mean, it's not like Patrick Dempsey will show up at your door a'la Lover Boy delivering that pizza.  
 
Ahhh, Patrick Dempsey in the 80's has he ever had a finer time? I know some of you will argue for McDreamy, but I would take the geek from,  Can't Buy Me Love any-day. 

Woops! sorry.  Back to the topic at hand. Why order your pizza when you can make some really delicious pizza right at home! 


You can pick up really yummy dough at your local Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, and get creative with your toppings! 

Really, anything you dream up you can do. Here are a few of the yummy ideas we found that we can't wait to try! 

Number one being this fantastic and heavenly Goat-Cheese and Greens thin crust pizza... 

See, thats why I say never say never!! Who could resist this gift from the Food Gods? Not Miss Me! For the recipe, go here

Ummm, are flatbreads considered pizza? Well they are in our book and this one looks to-die-for! 

Cheesy zucchini flatbread! You would soooo impress your guests with this recipe! Can the Things-We-Heart girls come to dinner when you make this? We promise to bring the wine!  

Did I ever mention a small obsession someone may have with caramelized onions? No? Hmmm... Well anyway, check out this obsession worthy flatbread! 

Of course if you are in a hurry or just dead on your feet, we suggest always having a few of these sanding by in the freezer.   
I stock up on this no cheese option, to help me from caving into the deep-dish double cheese pizzas that are in my dreams! 
Although, Amy's makes a wide selection of yummy organic pizzas. 
Have some fun... Eat some pizza tonight. We will. 

XOXO- Things-We-Heart












No comments: