Monday, April 27, 2009

Beauty-fuls: Lights, Camera... Action! We heart HD Makeup!

Flat screen- Check!
HD cable- Check!
Watching Animal Planet or Sex and the City in Hi Def- Heck ya! (Wow those SNC gals look amazing...even in Hi-Def)  Check!
Best friend with an HD Flip Mino- Check!  
Ready for our close up-  um...NO! Check? NO...wait!!!

For anyone that has been shot with HD or watches HD you may notice how EVERYTHING is more noticeable...  You have a small fine line?  Well that's OK, just have the make up artist put a touch of Eclat on it... Yeah.. not in HD people.  That fine line is now a huge valley in the wrinkle kingdom.  


HD makeup to the rescue! 

Thank you, oh beauty Gods,  for creating HD makeup.  Its fine milling is similar to mineral makeup but big difference are the light reflectors that create a flawless finish and they can help to make your skin look younger or like a Jill Greenberg photo (well, the skin at least..and you'll be laughing not crying)...
And, ummm YES please!  

So here at T.W.H. we like to test as much as possible so we can properly report back to you on our findings (soooo scientific of us, I know)... Here is how I came to find HD makeup..

I must admit I got on the mineral bandwagon.  It was after seeing my stunning T.W.H. partner, Miss Me, wearing it at my birthday last year.  I just about died..  She looked FLAWLESS.

So, of course I asked what was up (mind you, she is flawless and stunning even when she wakes up!!!  But this birthday night she was even more glowy and  her skin was more perfect than usual that caught my attention.  I must find out... I need her skin!


I went (ran) to Sephora and bought (into) the kit.  $60 later, yes, I had the glow, but and hour after i was greasy and shiny and my face felt like it had concrete on it.  So, I took another route. I wanted something to make my skin look more Miss Me, Leighton Meester perfectionesque but with out the heavy oily feeling.


So I found the next few items that have really changed the way i look at HD make up for better or for worse...


1. Smashbox HD Healthy FX Foundation-  

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!  This foundation is great!  Over primer (theirs or any other good one)  this one did the HD trick.  Lightweight, totally blendable and (almost) perfectly airbrushed skin without shimmer or that annoying "glow".  But keep a good powder on hand.. if you have oily skin you will need it.  

Plus its made with Vitamin C and has SPF 15 for healthier skin and it's not tested on animals!!! YAY


2. Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder-

Now I absolutely despise their HD foundation.  SO heavy, soooo Brenda Walsh in the '90's.   Sure, I had great looking skin in pictures but it looked like colored spackle up close and in person.   But their HD Microfinish talc free powder is fantastic.  Color free so any skin tone can use it and it just soaks up oil (ewwww..but it does) and virtually airbrushes imperfections.


3. Christian Dior Capture Totale for all our fancy pants girls (or boys)-

This one does it all!   Well, we hope so for that price.  But it does... it plumps, evens out and perfects  skin.  Its beautiful finish literally creates and HD ready look.  Amazing!  

And with SPF 15 and collagen boosting ingredients we are sooo gonna crack open the wallet for this one.


4. Cargo-

This was the first one I came across.  I think it was the packaging and perfect marketing that lured me it.  I bought the primer (pricey and so little in the tube) and it turned out to be the same primer as a lot of the others.  Nothing new or life changing.  But the Blu-ray blush is great!


P.S.  We are so for natural beauties...we lurve lines and crinkles.
It simply means that you have lived, loved, lost and traveled on the highway of life...  this post was just to help our lovelies that don't embrace wisdom lines as much as we do.. 

P.P.S.  Sorry for the looong post... jeez louise..too much coffee.  But we hope it was informative ;) and helpful and now you don't have to do the research yourself..right? ;0

Now go have fun... play dress up and enjoy being a girl!

xoxo t-w-h

No comments: