Small box of cherry tomatoes- Quartered
Small container of Bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella)- halved
4 Diced golden and green Heirloom tomatoes (the same size pieces as the cherry tomatoes)
1 avocado, diced
Roughly torn basil
Croûtons - Made from torn Sour Dough Bread toasted a bit in a 350* oven for 5-10 min.
Toss all of that with a little olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Put in your serving bowl, drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and toss in some S & P... tada! Perf!
Now let's move on to the heart of the meal...the mains!
These 2 yummy sandwiches are sure to please. They are both uber easy to make but look really hard and extremely chic with out looking fussy...if that makes any sense ;)
When we came across this beauty on our new fav foodie blog we couldn't resist..even though we are mainly Vegetarians. But it passed our BF (Boy Friend) test...he was salivating...
The fish sandwich with scallion aoili...yumm!
Go here for the complete recipe and WOW your crowd!
For all of you veggies (and even your meat lurvers will rejoice) look at this TDF grilled eggplant sandwich...um..YUMMMM
- 1 large eggplant, (1 1/4-1 1/2 pounds), cut into 12 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) finely shredded Parmesan, or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 focaccia, or rustic Italian bread
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounce(s) baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil, divided
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place eggplant rounds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Coat both sides lightly with cooking spray. Combine Parmesan (or Asiago) and mozzarella in a small bowl. Brush both sides of focaccia (or bread) with oil.
- Place spinach in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and punch several holes in the wrap. Microwave on High until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Combine tomatoes and 2 tablespoons basil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until bubbling, about 2 minutes.
- Place all your ingredients on the baking sheet with the eggplant and take it to the grill. Grill the eggplant slices until brown and soft on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill the bread until toasted, about 1 minute per side. Return the eggplant and bread to the baking sheet. Reduce grill heat to medium.
- Place 1 eggplant round on top of each slice of bread. Layer 1 tablespoon tomatoes, 1 tablespoon wilted spinach and 1 tablespoon cheese on each slice of eggplant. Repeat with the remaining eggplant, sauce, spinach and cheese. Sprinkle each stack with some of the remaining basil. Place the baking sheet on the grill, close the lid and grill until the sandwiches are hot and the cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
Done and done and delish!
Plus you can make these a few days ahead so you don't have to stress out.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces watermelon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- Make the Chili Salt: In a small bowl, mix the kosher salt, sugar and ancho chile powder.
- Mix the Cocktail: Moisten the outer rim of a highball glass with the lime wedge and coat lightly with chile salt. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients and shake well. Fill the highball glass with ice and strain the drink into the glass.