Oh gosh we uber heart a good BBQ...
But it symbolizes our most favorited season eva! Warm weather season!!! Wooo hooo!!!
There are soooo many other things to eat that are way more tasty and crazy satisfying.
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salsa
- garlic salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives - drained and finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. Mix in lime juice, cilantro, salsa, garlic salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Use a 9 x 13 dish or a clear bowl like the one above
- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.
It's kinda like the shmancy version of the English's salt and vinegar potato chips that we heart so very much!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for shaping dough
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, fresh, or thawed if frozen
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 log (5 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bag (5 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Heat grill to medium. Brush a large rimless baking sheet (or an inverted rimmed sheet) with 1 tablespoon oil. On a lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch dough to two 8-inch ovals or rounds. Transfer to prepared sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Transfer dough to grill. Cook, without turning over, until undersides are firm and begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs and a large spatula, place crusts on baking sheet, grilled side up.
- Scatter crusts with tomatoes, scallion whites, and cheese; season with salt and pepper, and slide back onto grill. Cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and cheese begins to melt, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, avocado, scallion greens, vinegar, and remaining tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Pile mixture onto pizzas; halve, and serve.
Need to spice up your bash?? We heart Bobby Flay's Rose Wine Sangria. It's lighter and sweeter than it's red wine older sister and just as much fun!
Uggh...we could use a glass (pitcher) of this right now! But we will practice restraint and wait a few more days...