For a Glowing Complexion
Take two tea spoon of yogurt and mix one tea spoon of fresh lime juice in it. Mix it well and apply on face. Leave it for thirty minutes and wash it with tap water. This remedy brings glow on the skin.
90 Year Olds Beauty Rules
- Cleanse the skin at night to remove dirt, chemicals from sunscreen, makeup, and air pollutants.
- Take a refreshing, short, warm (not hot) morning shower.
- Use glycerin soap. Glycerin helps to keep the skin moisturized.
- Apply body lotion immediately after towelling off so that the skin’s open pores absorb the beneficial ingredients.
- Wash hair only every second day, as shampoos strip the hair follicle of natural oils.
- Look for a quality shampoo at a natural health store. Ingredients such as rosemary and nettles stimulate hair growth, while camomile brings highlights to fair hair.
- Apply makeup lightly to even out skin tone and enhance contours of the face.
- Treat skin conditions with witch hazel, an old-fashioned remedy that has stood the test of time. It’s a healing lotion for pimples and cuts and works well as an aftershave.
To lighten tooth stains and whiten your teeth, crush a fresh strawberry and rub it onto your teeth. The natural alpha-hydroxy acids found in strawberry should help lighten teeth. Follow by rinsing with water.
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp 3% hydrogen peroxide
Dip toothbrush into the mixture and brush for three minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Fllow with regular tooth paste or herbal mouth rinse.
Here is one I got straight from the source... My husbands adorable and sweet Aunt Ruth (75 years old) told me "You should always make sure to put sunscreen on the backs of your hands... EVERY DAY!"
And I really try to remember to do it... Because who wants a bunch of age spots on the backs of their hands? Prevention today will save you a fortune in the dermatologists office tomorrow!
What about cramps? Really awful, really bad cramps?!
Irregularities in your cycle? Anything number of the things women suffer through?
try raspberry leaves and nettles steeped in boiling water for five minutes. Strain and drink, add a touch of honey if necessary. Tea is effective for regaining uterine tone post-partum, fibroids, and painful cycles. Also effective for PMS symptoms and encouraging milk supply in nursing mothers.
Honey - (Organic is preferable. MANUKA Honey is your best option for this mask, as it has a higher UMF rating than plain honey, thus producing stronger results)
Water and a Fork....