We told you about our undying heart for the delicious, bright colored, sexy, TDF tasting ball of fruit that cherries are and gorgeous readers of Things We Heart we are here to profess that love again!
we are talking about the real deals...
Sorry to shout...but hello? ICE CREAM!!!
Then we accidentally picked up a tub of Breyer's Cherry Vanilla and were just as happy!
Hot fudge poured over and we were sent to heaven!
- Store bought pie crust bottom and top
- 2 cups pitted sour cherries
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 10 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place pastry bottom in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Place the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in a medium size non-aluminum saucepan. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes, or until the cherries are moistened with the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Lower the heat; simmer for 1 minute, or until the juices thicken and become translucent. Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter and almond extract. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Cover with top crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add butter; stir until combined. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Pour pie filling into crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread around outside edges of pie, leaving a 3-in. circle of cherries exposed in the center. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
You remember how amazing cobblers are right? Not too sweet but oh soooo homey and comforting and every bit "yummmm" inducing.
- 6 cups tart red cherries, pitted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bakingshowlist_icon.gif"> powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milkshowlist_icon.gif">
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a saucepan combine filling ingredients and cook, stirring until bubbling and thickened. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Meanwhile, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until it is crumbly. Mix together egg and milk. Add to flour mixture and stir with a fork just until combined. Drop topping by tablespoonfuls onto filling. Bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
So if you don't want to eat them...Nike says, "Wear them" Yes please!!!