½ c sugar
½ c water
1 tspn dried lavender leaves
1 ½ c fresh ricotta cheese (about 2 lbs)
1 tbls orange blossom honey (or honey of choice)
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to boil. Cook 45 seconds or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in lavender. Let stand 30 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sleeve into a small bowl; discard solids. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Combine Fresh Ricotta cheese, honey, and salt in a food processor; process slowly until smooth. With processor on, slowly add lavender syrup through the food chute. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturers instructions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container; cover and freeze for four hours or until firm. Makes about ¾ quart.
Chunky Raspberry Sauce
2 cups fresh raspberries, plus extra for topping cookies
2 tbls water
2 heaping tbls sugar
¼ tspn fresh lemon juice
Combine the first three ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, crushing raspberries with the back of your spoon. Spoon sauce into a small bowl, add lemon juice and refrigerate.
Not only is it delish and extremely dreamy but it is crazy easy to make and even easier to eat and eat and eat!!!
2 sandwich rolls, such as kaiser rolls
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
2/3 cup ricotta
6 fresh basil leaves
Heat oven to 450º F.
Slice the rolls in half horizontally. Hollow them out by removing most of the soft crumb from the tops and bottoms.
Distribute the mozzarella evenly inside each of the 4 hollowed-out halves. Place 1/3 cup of the ricotta into each bottom half. Top each bottom half with 3 basil leaves. Put the 2 halves of the rolls back together and wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake until the outsides are crispy and the cheeses are melted, 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Slice in half and serve.
- 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 12 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- One 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Place the garlic on a sheet of foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon water. Seal and bake until soft, about 30 minutes; let cool slightly. Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a small bowl; add 2 teaspoons olive oil and mash into a paste.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil; dust with the cornmeal. Stretch the pizza dough into a large rectangle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes; stretch again to almost fill the pan.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425°. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook over low heat until warmed through; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the pizza dough with the garlic paste. Top with the spinach and dollops of ricotta. Sprinkle with the bacon and mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 400° and bake until the cheese is brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
Slice a baguette, brush pieces with melted butter, and place them under the broiler until golden. Spread ricotta over the toasted bread, drizzle with honey and top with a ripe fig. Done and done!!!!