There are few things we heart in this (food obsessed) world more than we heart Brinner...OK...that's a lie...we LOVE to eat so we heart a hole crap load of things...but we uberly heart...Brinner.
You know...how Brunch (ooooh shit we totally heart Brunch!!!) is the time ...and foods...between Breakfast and Lunch? Well Brinner is a smidge different than that...it's actually eating Breakfast FOR Dinner.
Sounds hard? Nope not even a little!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set.
serves as many as you'd like
1 recipe either slow rise pizza dough or thin crust pizza dough or buy your own at the local italian shop
Red or white pizza sauce - recipes here
1 16-ounce tub whole milk ricotta
Several handfuls of fresh herbs
2-3 eggs per pizza
Salt and pepper
Any other toppings you would like
Make the dough and separate into individual balls. Mist with spray oil, cover, and leave overnight. If you're going to cook it the next morning there is no need to refrigerate.
Heat the oven as high as it will go - hopefully at least 550°. Shake out each ball of dough and lay it on a sheet of parchment. Top with everything except the eggs. Put in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until it just begins to brown. Crack the eggs into a cup and slip them onto the pizza. Shake on a little salt and pepper and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until the yolk is just set and golden.
Let cool for five minutes then eat!
Top with berries and we will be on our way to share with you in an instant.