Soooo it's been a year and a 2 weeks since our last pumpkin post! Geez Louise time flies...but our super hearty heartness for pumpkin yummies has not left us. We are still obsessed with all things pumpkin!
Double Decker Pumpkin Bread
recipe from Lisa @ The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
4 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1-8 ounce sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease the bottoms and ½ inch up the sides of two 9x5x3 loaf pans. In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until combined. Add sour cream and 1 egg. Beat until combined. Stir in crystallized ginger, set aside.
In another medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl combine the 2 cups of sugar the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water. Beat on low speed until combined scraping the sides of bowl occasionally. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
Spoon 1 ½ cups of the pumpkin batter unto each of the prepared pans. Divide the cream cheese mixture between pans, spreading evenly. Spoon the remaining pumpkin batter onto the cream cheese mixture, spread evenly.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes on until toothpick inserted tests clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yup...we had you at...well we had you at the whole friggin thing!
Yay! You know how much we love those!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- For cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line four baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. (A total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe.)
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For cream cheese filling: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Store in covered container in refrigerator.