You know how important it is to have a well groomed brow. We all do, but how do we get the well groomed brow with our going overboard with the tweezers?
We have all done it before... Gotten in the zone with the magnifying mirror and when we pulled back and blinked, oh my.... That eyebrow is way thinner then the other side! Woopsie!
That is why it is best to leave eyebrow shaping to the experts.
Particularly, when the eyebrows you were born with look like the love child of Martin Scorsese and Brooke Shields....
What? Have you seen pictures of Miss Me as a child? No, thats right and there are reasons for that.
But for those times when you just can't get to a professional to wax, tweeze,thread, or zap your brows into shape here are some pointers for D.I.Y.B
(Do It Yourself Brows)
*WARNING T-W-H says don't try anything but tweezing on your own! We do not heart home waxing accidents!
5 Steps to a Perfect Eyebrow Shape
- Trim your eyebrows. This will make a big difference in helping you look younger. Once eyebrows reach a certain length they start losing pigments at the ends. I love using a mustache trimmer set I purchased at a department store. It comes with a little comb and perfect point scissors. Comb your eyebrows up, trim any excess that goes beyond the natural hair line. Comb your eyebrows down, and do the same. It may seem like a lot at first but trust me, you will love the outcome.
- Take an eyeliner pencil and place it vertically against your nose. It should run from the side of the nose, mid-mouth, and by the tear duct of the eye. This is where your eyebrow should start; any hair that is visible beyond the pencil should be tweezed.
- Next place the pencil diagonally where it should hit the middle of the mouth, nostril, and outside the iris of the eye. This is wear your arch is. Tweeze a gradually line from the arch to the start of the eyebrow. Remember, GRADUAL, nothing harsh.
- To determine the end of the eyebrow, place the pencil diagonally across to the opposite corners of the mouth, nostril, and outside corner of the eye. Any hair that goes past should be tweezed.
- Place your pencil horizontal from the start of the eyebrow to the end of the eyebrow. The pencil should create a perfect straight line.
Make note, while we are all for taming your natural brow line, we are not for over plucking away your brows into nothingness.
So, here is what you do, find the shape that is perfect for you and your face shape.
Working with your own natural brow shape follow the guidelines above to keep your brow from getting too short.
A well shaped brow can really make the difference between night and day for your looks.
Now we know all about the importance of shaping, lets talk shade... Because the color of your eyebrow is super important too!
- dark haired people should go one or two shades lighter than the color of hair on their head
- light haired people to go two shades darker than the color of hair on their head
As demonstrated by the always classy (uh-hhem) Kim Kardashian,
If you lighten your locks, please don't forget to lighten your eyebrows!
You will end up looking just like Madonna in the Papa don't preach video.
Super thick and slightly bushy, a lot of weaker women would have shrank from such a strong brow but not Jennifer Connelly. Beautiful dark brows make her stand out in the sea of starlettes.
Gwen Stefani mixed classic golden era movie star and high-school cholita together and came out with pure eyebrow magic.
Landing in the middle of these to options, is every boyfriends fantasy girl..
Okay truth be told, it isn't just the boys who have a crush on The Black Swan....
We suggest you go and get your eye brow shaped at least a few times a year and maintain that shape yourself if you are looking to save some moolah and precious time.
If you do happen to over-pluck, and it happens to the best of us, use a pencil orpowder and brush to fill in the missing brow... Naturally!
Keep a mini brow kit in your car, for emergency moments.
Don't forget to trim and lighten or darken your brows depending on your hair color. If your brows are feeling heavy don't over pluck.. try to lighten your brows a touch. It can make a HUGE change.
Try your best to stick to the rules of eyebrow shaping above, and treat yourself as often as you can to a professional eyebrow shape.
(Miss Me & Miss t-w-h)